Saturday, June 16, 2012

Watermark and other projects

The last couple months have been really chaotic and I haven't had much time to crop, craft, or scrap.  The only therapy I have participated in lately is retail therapy.  Recently I've been attempting to create a watermark for my blog pics.  While I get most of my ideas from books, magazines, pinterest, blogs, and otherwise, I am going to give credit when credit is due.  But I don't want people stealing my pictures without giving me credit.  Hence the new watermark.  I used Photoshop Elements and finally got it.  It's not perfect but it'll do.  

So on to the last few projects I've been working on... 

Last month I was at a crop and my friend Jenny H. described how she makes her own lace flowers.  A simple running stitch along the base of some lace ribbon, let the lace twist on itself, a stitch up the ends if I wanted to polish it off, and a center piece and I was good to go.  These are my first experiments.  



And then there is the countless hours I spent twisting paper flowers around a wooden skewer (pointy ends removed for my safety).   It was actually very therapeutic.  I didn't have to think while doing it.  I could watch tv in the comfort of my living room, or chat with friends at a crop, without having to worry about messing these up.  
Supplies: Cricut Expression, Close To My Heart Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge, several different colors of cardstock ( I used colors from a wedding my children and I were in), pearl floral pins, adhesive, ribbon, and a styrofoam ball.  
The flowers were cut at varying sizes between 1.5" and 2.5".   The Auto Fill feature on my Cricut allowed me to "set it and forget it" when mommy duty called.  I'd come back, load a new sheet of cardstock, and let it go again.  This process, followed by the rolling, went on for several days.  But in the end I was very pleased with the result.  Now it's a pretty addition to my craft room!  

No comments:

Post a Comment