Saturday, June 23, 2012

A Cricut Birthday for me!

I still can't comprehend the full potential of my Cricut Expression after having it for a year.  It is extremely user friendly, I haven't had any problems with it.  My cartridge collection provides me with everything I need to complete projects.  What more could a girl ask for?!  Well we always want more, don't we?     

I've been considering the Cricut Imagine for a while now.  I've solicited advice and read the reviews... It's large and can be temperamental.  I've heard some people need to replace the machine three times, until they get one that works!  But how cool is it to print and cute paper and coordinating accents at home!?  EVERY website (including Hobby Lobby) is sold out of this intriguing machine.  Ebay lists it for exorbitant amounts of money.  Knowing that it's a temperamental machine means I'm definitely going to want the warranty, so Craigslist is out.  So with dreams of crafting grandeur in my heart I ventured down to Hobby Lobby on my birthday yesterday. 

Guess what?!  My local Hobby Lobby store had the Cricut Imagine and Imagine cartridges at a great price!  So it's found a new home on my crafting table.  And it works!  I still have a lot to learn about the intricacies of the machine, but I can make it print and cut.   The included cartridge, Imagine More, has super cute journaling boxes, frames, borders, patterns, bonus items, and embellishments.

This was my first cut with the machine.  I found a special place for it in my Smash journal. 


       And after a little more experimentation, I completed this cute little card.


1 comment:

  1. Yay! You got one, and it works!!!! Awesome, Lindsey. Cannot wait to play with those RGB codes here. Post when you do!

    ReplyDelete